Merger forms ReproCELL Europe Ltd, led by Dr David Bunton
Yokohama, Japan and Glasgow, UK. 5th July 2016: The Japanese regenerative medicine company ReproCELL Inc., has announced that two of its Group companies, Biopta and Reinnervate, will merge to form a new company, ReproCELL Europe Ltd. The merger is aimed at strengthening ReproCELL’s pharmaceutical industry-targeted drug discovery services and products through the integration of Biopta’s human tissue services with Reinnervate’s stem cell and 3D cell culture expertise. ReproCELL Europe will operate from new headquarters in Glasgow, UK, with an established production and distribution site in Sedgefield, UK.
ReproCELL Europe aims to grow the workforce significantly over the next three years and plans to move to larger premises in Glasgow within the next nine months. ReproCELL Europe’s management team views the synergies within the ReproCELL Group companies as key to its growth ambitions.
ReproCELL: Integrated Tools for Translational Research
ReproCELL, a provider of embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cell reagents, and iPS cell-derived differentiated cell types is pleased to include BioServe, Stemgent and Reinnervate into the family of ReproCELL Group Companies, thus expanding the group portfolio of products and services supporting translational research.
ReproCELL Group Companies
- Global provider of differentiated cell types including iPSC-derived hepatocytes, cardiomyocytes, and Glu/Ach/DA neurons
- Extensive portfolio of embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cell culture reagents
- Extensive biorepository of human tissue samples from a wide range of patients
- Large network of clinical sites for prospective sample collection
- Molecular services
- RNA Reprogramming systems and services
- Reagents for pluripotent cell culture and differentiation
- Extensive portfolio of small molecules
ReproCELL Europe (formerly Reinnervate and Biopta)
- Experts in human tissue contract research services for drug development
- Predictive safety, efficacy and ADME assays in human and animal tissues
- Alvetex® 3D cell culture technology creating an in vivo-like cell environment in vitro
- Protocols for stem cell, oncology, and other tissue research applications
- Distributors of all ReproCELL Group products and services to Europe, Middle East and Asia (EMEA)