Merger forms ReproCELL Europe Ltd, led by Dr David Bunton
Yokohama, Japan and Glasgow, UK. 5th July 2016: The Japanese regenerative medicine company ReproCELL Inc., has announced that two of its Group companies, Biopta and Reinnervate, will merge to form a new company, ReproCELL Europe Ltd. The merger is aimed at strengthening ReproCELL’s pharmaceutical industry-targeted drug discovery services and products through the integration of Biopta’s human tissue services with Reinnervate’s stem cell and 3D cell culture expertise. ReproCELL Europe will operate from new headquarters in Glasgow, UK, with an established production and distribution site in Sedgefield, UK.
ReproCELL Europe aims to grow the workforce significantly over the next three years and plans to move to larger premises in Glasgow within the next nine months. ReproCELL Europe’s management team views the synergies within the ReproCELL Group companies as key to its growth ambitions.
Reprocell Group brands include:
- Global provider of differentiated cell types; iPSC-derived hepatocytes, cardiomyocytes, and neurons
- Extensive portfolio of embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cell culture reagents
- Extensive biorepository of human tissue samples
- Network of clinical sites for prospective sample collection
- Molecular services
- RNA Reprogramming systems and services
- Reagents for pluripotent cell culture and differentiation
- Extensive portfolio of small molecules
- 3D cell culture technology creating an in vivo like cell environment
- Protocols for stem cell, oncology, and other tissue research applications
- Experts in human tissue contract research services for drug development
- Predictive safety, efficacy and ADME assays in human and animal tissues