Professor Stefan Przyborski, CSO REPROCELL Europe Ltd, will be giving a lecture at the SMi Group’s 3D Cell Culture 2018. The conference will be held on 21st-22nd February 2018 in London, UK.
Stefan is also Professor of Cell Technology at Durham University, UK and chairman of the 3D Cell Culture 2018 conference. Immediately after his conference opening remarks at the start of the conference, he will be giving his lecture titled, 3D Cell Culture – A Rapidly Developing Series of Technologies Enabling the Evolution of Complex Models of Human Tissues and In Vitro Assays.
The lecture will cover the following subjects:
- 3D vs 2D cell culture – the similarities and differences between both methods;
- Demand for 3D cell culture;
- No one solution – alternative techniques: organoids, spheroids, hydrogels and scaffolds;
- Examples of current applications – simple 3D cultures to engineering complex tissues;
- Case example – building layered tissue structures to model the anatomy and physiology of native counterparts;
- New developments in 3D cell culture and related technologies
Prof Przyborski has given an exclusive interview with SMi, which is available for download here (requires sign-up registration with SMi).